Friday, September 30, 2011

importance of history

I think it is unarguable that history is an important subject in the high school, because it tells us about our past, and culture. History gives identity. History is not only about people in past or country, but it is also about government, and about the values and problems that affect our social well-being. I enjoy studying and learning about the past, because I like to compare the past by the present and it helps me to predict my future. In my previous history classes, I enjoyed learning about different civilizations, epic wars in the past, and enjoyed comparing different histories of different cultures. I found nothing boring and everything I learn was useful to me. Like taking AP US history helped me understand and learn American culture. Before taking APUSH, I only knew few reasons about the causes of the American Civil War, but taking APUSH made me learn all the reasons about the causes of the American Civil War in-depth. Most business colleges in the world, like Harvard Business School, give their students real business cases to study, some colleges called this Case Method Study. Studying business cases can help upcoming business student learn business method nicely, and gain knowledge of companies in the past and this helps us become good businessman. Learning history can help encounter problems in daily life. "History should be studied because it is essential to individuals and to society, and because it harbors beauty." 

1 comment:

  1. "History gives identity."

    Now that's a thought-provoking statement.

    ReplyDelete